Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

If you or your company made a duplicate or erroneous payment on a parcel and you want to request a refund, please complete the Request for Refund Form and return it to us along with proof of payment. Application must be made within three (3) years from the date the tax was due (Nebraska State Statute 77-1734.01).

It is the policy of the Douglas County Treasurer's Office to immediately refund any overpayments to the remitter (i.e. tax servicing company, mortgage company, title company). If an overpayment comes into our office via company or personal check; that check will be rejected and returned to the sender/remitter.