Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

The Nebraska Certificate of Title must be issued in the name of the person awarded the vehicle after the divorce.

The Divorce Decree must identify the vehicle with year, make, model and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

The Divorce Decree must be signed by the judge and must be the original or a certified copy.

If an open lien exists, the person awarded the vehicle must work with the lien holder to have the Certificate of Title sent to our office for transfer. A new security agreement may be required.

An Application for Certificate of Title will be required in the name of the person awarded the vehicle; the odometer section of the title must also be completed. A fee of $10.00 for the title and/or a fee of $7.00 for the lien notation will also apply.