Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

To register your vehicle after a purchase you will need the following:

  • The Nebraska Certificate of Title


  • The MSO (Manufacture Certificate of Origin)
  • A completed Application for Certificate of Title signed by all parties whose names will appear on the title. The only exception are titles held by husband and wife, in which case either one, acting as agent for the other, may sign the application.
  • Nebraska Sales and Use Tax, Form 6 (if you have purchased this vehicle from a Nebraska licensed dealer) OR a Bill of Sale if you have purchased privately or from a non-Nebraska dealer.
  • Proof of insurance (must be original document) that shows the name of insurance company, the name of the insured, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Year, Make, and Model of the vehicle, and the expiration date of the insurance policy.
  • If you traded in a vehicle and the plates have not expired, you will need the registration and plates of the vehicle (so we can give you credit for the fees you paid on the trade in vehicle).

Please note: If you have purchased a vehicle with an out-of-state title, you will first need to get the vehicle and title inspected. The Douglas County Sheriff's Inspection Station is located adjacent to our Midtown Branch office at 411 N 84th Street, hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The fee for the Sheriff's Inspection is $10.00.