Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

According to Nebraska Motor Vehicle Law (60-3,157) if a registration certificate is lost, the person to whom the registration certificate has been issued shall immediately apply to the County Treasurer's Office for a duplicate registration.

To apply for a duplicate registration you must submit the following:

  • Your current plate number


  • Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Proper proof of identification
  • Proof of insurance that shows the name of insurance company, the name of the insured, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Year, Make, and Model of the vehicle and the expiration date of the insurance policy.

The fee for a lost registration is $6.50.

A lost registration may be obtained from any Douglas County Treasurer's office.