Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

According to Nebraska Motor Vehicle Law two license plates are required for every motor vehicle, except for dealers, motorcycles, truck-tractors, trailers, buses and apportioned vehicles.

If you have lost a plate, you must do the following:

  • Submit your registration


  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Proof of insurance that shows the name of the insurance company, the name of the insured, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Year, Make and Model of the vehicle and the expiration date of the insurance policy
  • Picture identification must be presented

The fee for a lost set of plates is $14.60.

Lost plates may be obtained from any Douglas County Treasurer's office.